"Give me one moment in time when I'm more than I thought I could be" ~ Whitney Houston
Aw yeah, it's about that time. Time for a gratitude list! I have been so bogged down by the details of life lately. Babysitters. Preschool. House to-do's. T's overtime at work and lack of time at home. Exhaustion. It's too easy to forget life's little blessings and regular smile-inducers. So much to be cherished. Yet the hustle and bustle don't always allow for relishing the joy.
So, here's my attempt to hold tight to the current loveliness in my life . . .
1. I am grateful for Q's ever-expanding vocabulary and his intense desire to communicate with me. When he came home from the park with his auntie, he wanted to tell me about seeing a friend there and saying bye to him. The way Q says "bye" turns me into a pile of mushy adoration every time. He doesn't quite string sentences together yet, but he gets the point across just the same.
2. I am thankful for my hard-working husband. The other night he attended a company event, during which he was bestowed a prestigious award called the Golden Compass for his excellent work as a stationary engineer. I am so proud of my T. He deserves all of the accolades he gets and more.
3. I am grateful for T's mom who will be staying with Q when we go to Las Vegas to celebrate Sis-O's birthday in a couple of weeks. She seems to be really looking forward to it. Q is lucky to have such a devoted grandma. And we are lucky that she adores him so. (We can't wait for our weekend getaway and for some very special sister time!)
4. I am thankful for good girlfriends who like to watch movies. Such a fun way to escape together.
5. I am grateful for friends who have that eye for photography.
6. I am thankful for my healthy son. He is in the 95th percentile for height and the 75th percentile for weight. I don't know how I got such a tall boy. He will basically outgrow me in another year.
7. I am grateful for Just Dance 2 on Wii. A little workout for mama and Q enjoys groovin' along.
What little moments are you grateful for today?